Tuesday, November 28, 2006

thought of the day

(this painting is called Day Dreaming. I thought it was cool)

while I sat at a computer today trying to do some work, I started thinking about why the crap I was there. I mean, how did I end up sitting in that particular chair at that particular computer, at Providence College?


do you ever wonder about these things? it's like looking at yourself from someone else's perspective, and if I do it for too long, I end up scaring myself a bit. I mean it's weird.


but it's at times like these when I wonder how some people think that the spiritual world doesn't exist, or that human beings don't have souls. how then, do they explain something like this?


when I was sitting at that computer, it was almost like I was floating away, like in a daydream. everyone knows that feeling. eventually you snap back to reality with a tap on the shoulder, or a door closing, and then you realize after that you didn't hear the door open, or that person approach you. it was almost as if your senses were turned off for a while. it kind of freaks me out when that happens.


I think it may have something to do with our souls. I mean it's like my soul was in tuned with the spiritual world for a second and then snapped back into the physical world bringing back my awareness of my surroundings. it kind of brings new light to the saying "wandering soul" for me. my mom has called me that before, and I know that as I kid I would daydream a lot, but what if it wasn't day dreaming? what if my soul was actually wandering a bit, longing to go somewhere new, somewhere away and out of the weak and dirty, stinking thing we call a body? I am aware that that is a little harsh, but isn't there something deep inside that agrees?


I definitely don't know enough about the spiritual, or even the physical world to prove any of this. and I only have personal experiences to go on, probably not enough to support my theory... anyway, it was on my mind today. I didn't actually want to publish this post, but then I remembered that everyone already thinks I'm weird, so there's really no harm. ha ha....

9 comments:

Heather Plett said...

I don't think you're wierd. I like your theory because I've always been a big daydreamer too.

And I love the painting!

corrie said...

Good painting, I like the blue swirls.

I like the idea that you've always kind of been connected to the spiritual side of things. Makes sense to me, having watched you grow up : )

Linda said...

I love your idea about the day dreaming. It actually makes a lot of sense to me. If you're weird, then so am I. Incidentally, to be called weird in our family is considered a compliment.

mmichele said...

do you just cruise art sites?

Kim O said...

no way man, that'd take to long. I use google images. type in anything and get a picture (or painting)

Kim O said...

hey corrie! you're commenting! what the heck?!

ps. in the previous comment I missed the second "o" in the word "too". it was just bothering me. I didn't want you guys to think I was gramatically deficient.

corrie said...

Yah, one of the positives about switching to beta, I guess : )

beckster said...

kim your already gramatically deficient, have you read this post over! haha

Kim O said...

watch it, becky...